Aug. 8th, 2012

alfreda89: 3 foot concrete Medieval style gargoyle with author's hand resting on its head. (Warning Sign on a CA entrance to a parki)
So, I noticed the weekend of ArmadilloCon that I was very tired, but life was at a brisk pace that weekend, so it seemed possible. But I wasn't able to shake it off -- things kinda lifted for me by Tuesday afternoon, but then I went down Thursday, and Saturday, and Monday. I've been having headaches, and shortness of breath.

All days I was driving my car.

Fortunately, I had taken it in for an oil change before driving out of town, and the mechanic noticed something he asked me to bring back so he could get a good look at it. I did that today. The things he wanted to double-check can probably be nursed along, maybe for years (I say maybe because the car may actually be the rare Toyota Lemon -- 17 years old, only 88,000 miles, and a money pit.)

The flexible part of the exhaust system that is cracked can't wait.

I know from a friend's experience that there is nothing you can do for CO poisoning after the fact but give it time. But in the interest of sparing you my inability to think, work, or breathe -- if you are suddenly having problems? Put checking the car on your list. Don't wait until the inspection rolls around. Your mechanic should be able to tell if it needs to be looked at -- mine caught it as the car was being taken off the lift. The system sounded off.

The car was fine Friday, July 28th. Something changed.

I'd like to blame it on the drought -- that's at the core of so much else! Or maybe the heat....

August 2017

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
202122232425 26
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2017 09:03 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios